As the name implies, this line is easy to ride, making this foil ideal for quickly improving your skill level.
The EZ foil line rides at a more constant speed, especially when turning. This means that the foil will keep a steady pace and not accelerate too much during the turn. This feature makes it easier to do transitions when winging and/or helps you stay in the pocket when prone surfing so you don’t accelerate away from the wave.
The EZ foils are fairly thin but have a slightly slower, draft forward type of foil section. This design helps you control your speed a little bit easier than our faster models.
What we have noticed with the EZ foils is that you can handle a bigger size wing than what the square centimeters lead you to believe. For instance the EZ 1600 may sound like a huge wing but it’s still pretty easy in a lot of wind!
You will notice that the New EZ, GT, and RS models of Go Foil Front wings have what we call a “Step” on them. These “Steps” are located out towards the wing tips. The steps help to stabilize the wings in respect to Wingtip Vortices issues that affect all airplanes and hydrofoils mostly at their wingtips. Wingtip Vortices are circular patterns that spin off of the tips of wings causing drag and instability. The new Steps help to minimize the Wingtip Vortices problems that create drag and instability.
Benefits of the “Steps”
- The Steps give the hydrofoil a more positive feeling through the water which leads to better pitch control. “Pitch control“ means that you have better control with the up and down movement of the hydrofoil through the water. Better pitch control helps you to go faster with more confidence.
- The steps create less drag by disrupting the Wing Vortices.
- The angled Steps help with being able to initiate turns and redirect the hydrofoil. This means you can turn easier and sharper!
- The Steps help to stop over foiling. This is accomplished by disrupting air travel across the wing surface when you get close to the surface of the water. The step helps to keep the air from traveling straight across the wing surface by disrupting the easy flow of air across the wing by having an abrupt contour change. You will notice that you can get the wingtips out of the water on turns and reconnect with the water flow more easily than other wings. Twist in wing tips also can help with this problem but the “Steps” are like Twist or Winglets on steroids!
- Front wings are CNC shaped PVC cores with outer skins of 100% carbon with integrated cone construction connected to both top and bottom surfaces
- We use an excess amount of fiber on our wings @ 1000gm2 surface fiber loading.
- All wing tips are solid carbon for maximum durability.